Home Care is an option that allows older adults the choice to age in place at home with the specified level of care they need for safety, comfort and independence. Simply described, home care means help with activities of daily living and household tasks.
Boston Senior Home Care’s Program provides a variety of services that can help you or your loved one maintain their independence and quality of life at home. Our home care programs provide individualized case management and accompanies this with home based services such as:
• Home Delivered Meals and grocery
• Homemaking services, laundry, and heavy chore
• Personal care including bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.
• Skilled in-home nursing or physical therapy services
• Home Health Aid
• Medical Escort
• Companion services
• Money management
• Adult Day Health
….and much more, including services and programs for information and referral!
Boston ElderINFO assists elders,
disabled individuals and their families in accessing
a comprehensive range of services that address
health care needs. BEI is a program of the Elder
Care Alliance, a not for profit collaboration of the
three Boston Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs):
Boston Senior Home Care, Central Boston Elder
Services and Ethos. BEI is housed and operated by
Boston Senior Home Care.
For more than 25 years, we have provided the information, guidance and support necessary to identify, plan and secure alternatives that help make living independently possible for older individuals and younger individuals with disabilities.
• Free telephone hotline
• Available to elders, persons with disabilities, caregivers, professionals, family members or friends
• Multilingual staff
• Staff conduct telephone needs assessments, provide education, consultation, and resource services to more than 17,000 callers every year
Please call Boston ElderINFO at 617-292-6211 for more information.
Options Counseling provides individuals with the information they need on long-term services and supports in order to live independently in their community, regardless of disability or income. Options Counselors are trained to work with you, family members, and/or significant others to connect you to vital resources and services that fit your current situation and preferences and allow you to stay in your home. Options counseling is a free service.
We help you develop your own plan and give you quick streamlined access to resources in your community.
Examples of services:
• Unbiased information about
long-term services and supports
• Assistance with referrals and resources as needed
• Information about resources available to pay for the services
• Referrals to experts in the field of your particular disability
• A consumer-driven approach that ensures that your choices are respected
• Follow-up and help with planning next steps
• Counseling when and where you need it
• Older adults age 60 and over
• Persons with disabilities of any age
• Family members and caregivers
• Individuals facing rehab or nursing facility admission
• Individuals entering or residing in a nursing facility who are not on MassHealth
If you believe that you or a loved one is eligible for this program, or looking for more information, please call Boston ElderINFO at 617-292-6211.